- December 16, 2022
- Posted by: Code
- Categories: tech, Web Development
I had to move a SharePoint site including libraries, lists, and Nintex workflows without any migration tools.
The most problematic migration involved the Nintex workflows and it shouldn’t have been. I tried to “save as a template” but there was no option for that.
It’s pretty easy though:
- On the workflow page, click “Export”. This saves a “nwf” file to your desktop.
- Open Internet Explorer (or Wave with an IE Emulator on). This is important because the import doesn’t appear to work in Chrome or modern browsers. I tried it and got a blank workflow despite not getting an error.
- Navigate to the List on the new site that you want to add the workflow to. Click “List” > “Workflow Settings” > “Create a Workflow in Nintex Workflow”.
- Click “Import” on the ribbon.
- Click “Browse” and select the nwf file from your desktop. Click “Import” and “OK”.
- Click “Publish” and “Submit” and you should be good to go!